Reconfiguration of reception and surgery refurbishment including the following:
- Removal of existing reception area and counter – the existing counter was made of ash so we proposed to recycle it to be modified and relocated to the new prescription area. This was a considerable cost saving exercise for the client.
- Create new consultant suite – soundblock boards and acoustic quilt were used to create the partition walls. As this area was previously used as the reception the electrics and data were relocated to suit new layout. We installed anti slip vinyl flooring with cap and cove skirting for hygiene, basin and medical mixer tap and fire door. Decorated throughout and reconfigured the light switching from the main bank to an independent switch. An acoustic suspended ceiling was also suggested for noise reduction to be considered at a later date.
- Create new prescription window – this involved cutting an aperture through the wall in the entrance corridor and inserting a new lintel. We then carried out some joinery modifications to the existing ash counter window from the reception to fit the new opening.
- Creation of a viewing window through to the waiting room – this also involved cutting an aperture through the wall to the waiting room (this was for health & safety reasons so the reception staff would be able to see into the waiting room). A timber lining was inserted and decorated before installing the glazed panel.
- Removal of waiting room door and frame to create a walk through – this was carried out to create easier access to the waiting room for the surgery patients. The door and frame was removed and the reveals had to be skimmed up and decorated with new skirtings fitted.
- Removal of downstairs kitchen – this was carried out so that the staff would have more room in the new reception area.
- Creation of a new kitchen upstairs – we installed an L shaped kitchen to the upstairs staff area which involved new plumbing and electrics to suit the customers needs.
The client required the works to be completed out of office hours, so we planned the project to be carried out in the evenings and at weekends over a two and half week period. The project was completed in time and on budget.